If you want to pay (more) cheaper phone plan...

Feel the need to discuss something other than weather? This is the place to do it.

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Re: If you want to pay (more) cheaper phone plan...

Postby Abby_wx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Not bad, but a lot of hassle.

My phone costs me about $100 for an entire year... or roughly $8.33 a month. :D

There is a catch... I can't make a lot of calls, and no data at all. There is free Wi-Fi available at many places. I'm with Shaw for home internet, so I get free Wi-Fi anywhere that uses Shaw for internet. If I can't find Wi-Fi, then I just have to wait until I'm home.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I have pre-pay from 7/11. Works great, and costs me $20/month. It used to be more like $5 or $10, but I wanted unlimited texting. No data, and I use wifi hotspots from Shaw.

Also, my phone was dirt cheap. At least my first 3 were. I just bought a "real phone" for $450 over the weekend (a Blackberry keyONE 64MB edition), which is a pretty good deal. My previous phones were in the $20 to $50 range.

I have joined the 21st century, but I'm seriously considering switching to President's Choice pre-pay because they have way better coverage in rural and northern BC. 7/11 uses Rogers, and they have nothing in northern BC.

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Glacier wrote:I have pre-pay from 7/11. Works great, and costs me $20/month. It used to be more like $5 or $10, but I wanted unlimited texting. No data, and I use wifi hotspots from Shaw.

Also, my phone was dirt cheap. At least my first 3 were. I just bought a "real phone" for $450 over the weekend (a Blackberry keyONE 64MB edition), which is a pretty good deal. My previous phones were in the $20 to $50 range.

I have joined the 21st century, but I'm seriously considering switching to President's Choice pre-pay because they have way better coverage in rural and northern BC. 7/11 uses Rogers, and they have nothing in northern BC.

Yep, I have the same except without the unlimited texting.

I'm using a Moto G 1st gen from 2014. Been thinking about upgrading, though.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm

I have first gen Moto G as well. The google apps especially maps are slow as hell now. Google and bloat. Hand in hand.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Return to “General Chat”