If you want to pay (more) cheaper phone plan...

Feel the need to discuss something other than weather? This is the place to do it.
Canada Goose
Weather Fanatic

If you want to pay (more) cheaper phone plan...

Postby Canada Goose » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:10 pm

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Re: If you want to pay (more) cheaper phone plan...

Postby Abby_wx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Not bad, but a lot of hassle.

My phone costs me about $100 for an entire year... or roughly $8.33 a month. :D

There is a catch... I can't make a lot of calls, and no data at all. There is free Wi-Fi available at many places. I'm with Shaw for home internet, so I get free Wi-Fi anywhere that uses Shaw for internet. If I can't find Wi-Fi, then I just have to wait until I'm home.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:08 pm

I have pre-pay from 7/11. Works great, and costs me $20/month. It used to be more like $5 or $10, but I wanted unlimited texting. No data, and I use wifi hotspots from Shaw.

Also, my phone was dirt cheap. At least my first 3 were. I just bought a "real phone" for $450 over the weekend (a Blackberry keyONE 64MB edition), which is a pretty good deal. My previous phones were in the $20 to $50 range.

I have joined the 21st century, but I'm seriously considering switching to President's Choice pre-pay because they have way better coverage in rural and northern BC. 7/11 uses Rogers, and they have nothing in northern BC.

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:14 pm

Glacier wrote:I have pre-pay from 7/11. Works great, and costs me $20/month. It used to be more like $5 or $10, but I wanted unlimited texting. No data, and I use wifi hotspots from Shaw.

Also, my phone was dirt cheap. At least my first 3 were. I just bought a "real phone" for $450 over the weekend (a Blackberry keyONE 64MB edition), which is a pretty good deal. My previous phones were in the $20 to $50 range.

I have joined the 21st century, but I'm seriously considering switching to President's Choice pre-pay because they have way better coverage in rural and northern BC. 7/11 uses Rogers, and they have nothing in northern BC.

Yep, I have the same except without the unlimited texting.

I'm using a Moto G 1st gen from 2014. Been thinking about upgrading, though.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm

I have first gen Moto G as well. The google apps especially maps are slow as hell now. Google and bloat. Hand in hand.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Return to “General Chat”