Canada Goose wrote:Glacier wrote:FACT: West Vancouver and Pitt Meadows represent 2 of the 14 places in all of Canada with an average wind speed under 6 km/h!
Hum, not a surprise for West Vancouver when you see where is the weather station...
https://firstname.lastname@example.org, ... 312!8i6656
Ya, I've pointed that one out before! If we ONLY go by airports (ie. stations not buried in the trees), the list looks like this:
Least windy places in Canada:
1) Blue River, BC = average wind speed of 2.2km/h (Like Dawson and Puntzi Mountain below, you can walk right into the weather station with Google Streetview!
2) Dawson, YT = 3.8 km/h (You can "stand" in the station in the middle of winter!
3) Princeton, BC = 4.5 km/h
4) Lindburg Landing, NWT = 4.5 km/h
5) Pemberton, BC = 4.8 km/h
6) Puntzi Mountain, BC = 4.9 km/h (INTERESTING: There's Google Streetview INSIDE the weather station fence!
7) Port Alberni, BC = 5.1 km/h
8) Burns Lake, BC = 5.2 km/h
9) Salmon Arm, BC = 5.5 km/h
10) West Vancouver, BC = 5.5 km/h
11) Nakusp, BC = 5.6 km/h
12) St. Jovite, QC = 5.7 km/h (Google Streetview HERE)
13) Kelowna, BC = 5.7 km/h
14) Pitt Meadows, BC = 5.8 km/h
Pitt Meadows is an interesting one. It's located right beside a roadway, which is probably why it reads so warm during the daytime. I don't know why the didn't install it a half km away at the actual airport.
EDIT: Here's a graph for you: