October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: hawk

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:05 am

wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Abby 1cm :arrow: :shock: :shock: :shock:
..dreaming of....seeing some window splats even at this point..

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:13 am

After some warm ridging, the cold N/NW trough returns with a vengeance. If this pattern locks in for 60 days, we will have many snows. I think we will see some old school Arctic highs this winter with frigidy temps maybe 2 times this year. Surrounded by snows going in. I hope so anyways. We will see i guess how these next 2 months play out ;) ;)

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:45 am

Hawk wrote:After some warm ridging, the cold N/NW trough returns with a vengeance. If this pattern locks in for 60 days, we will have many snows. I think we will see some old school Arctic highs this winter with frigidy temps maybe 2 times this year. Surrounded by snows going in. I hope so anyways. We will see i guess how these next 2 months play out ;) ;)

Did you get a Christmas tree yet Mr. Hawk? Only one month until meteorological Winter!

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:58 am

stuffradio wrote:
Hawk wrote:After some warm ridging, the cold N/NW trough returns with a vengeance. If this pattern locks in for 60 days, we will have many snows. I think we will see some old school Arctic highs this winter with frigidy temps maybe 2 times this year. Surrounded by snows going in. I hope so anyways. We will see i guess how these next 2 months play out ;) ;)

Did you get a Christmas tree yet Mr. Hawk? Only one month until meteorological Winter!

thanks i will throw some glitter on my struggling Kale plant and call it a day :roll: :roll:

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:05 am

Hawk wrote:
stuffradio wrote:

thanks i will throw some glitter on my struggling Kale plant and call it a day :roll: :roll:

:lol:

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:10 am

Only 60 days. But what about January
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Nimbus
Seriously Into Weather

Postby Nimbus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:36 am

This is not something you see at the end of October very often if ever!! All fires started in the past few days with the very dry outflow winds. This in spite of all the rain only ten days ago!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 am

Nimbus wrote:This is not something you see at the end of October very often if ever!! All fires started in the past few days with the very dry outflow winds. This in spite of all the rain only ten days ago!

That’s crazy.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 am

Monty67 wrote:

Only 60 days. But what about January

Lol. My sad theory doesn't go out that far :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:06 am

Monty67 wrote:
Nimbus wrote:This is not something you see at the end of October very often if ever!! All fires started in the past few days with the very dry outflow winds. This in spite of all the rain only ten days ago!

That’s crazy.

Yup. I guess 2017 fires just wont quit. Although in the Similkameen the ground was fairly damp where i was going so i guess that helped

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”