Earthquakes

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Monty67 wrote:Any word on an earthquake tonight. We just heard and felt something fairly substantial.

4.8 close to Victoria. It was crazy bumping here. People in Bellingham felt it too.

User avatar
VanCitySouth
Charter Member
Posts: 547
Location: Langara (Main & 49th), elevation 75 m

Re: Earthquakes

Postby VanCitySouth » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:56 am

My father and I were both at our desks in the computer room. We felt it initially shake for a few seconds, and he turned and asked "earthquake?" And I said "probably" and ducked under the desk. From what I felt, it was a double peak because it lulled a bit while we spoke before gearing up for another few seconds. I don't know if anyone else felt this double peak.

User avatar
Abby_wx
Charter Member
Posts: 2929
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Contact:

Re: Earthquakes

Postby Abby_wx » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:27 am

VanCitySouth wrote:My father and I were both at our desks in the computer room. We felt it initially shake for a few seconds, and he turned and asked "earthquake?" And I said "probably" and ducked under the desk. From what I felt, it was a double peak because it lulled a bit while we spoke before gearing up for another few seconds. I don't know if anyone else felt this double peak.


Yeah, I noticed that.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:43 am

BC Earthquakes has a mag 3.1 from today, but it's not listed on USGS for December 31. Weird.

User avatar
Hound
Charter Member
Posts: 2466
Location: N.E. Surrey, BC

Re: Earthquakes

Postby Hound » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:44 pm

stuffradio wrote:BC Earthquakes has a mag 3.1 from today, but it's not listed on USGS for December 31. Weird.


Really? That's odd. Where was it?
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:36 pm

Hound wrote:
stuffradio wrote:BC Earthquakes has a mag 3.1 from today, but it's not listed on USGS for December 31. Weird.


Really? That's odd. Where was it?

Not sure. Now there is one on USGS from today. That must be where it was. It's East of Nelson.

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:51 pm

M4.8 near Port Hardy at 7:31.

Edit: The report may have been an error.

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:29 pm


User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:26 pm

Hawaii had a number of earthquakes the past couple days.

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 3305
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Earthquakes

Postby stuffradio » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:44 am

3.5 mag east of Victoria.


Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests