Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Re: March 2018 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Forrest Gump » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:01 am

SardisBCwxman wrote:
stuffradio wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:Interesting but like I said in a past post nothing will come close to that thunder snow back in early April 1972, I recall the next morning some snowshowers as well and a couple inches fell through till the early afternoon, I was living in Kitsilano at the time. Maybe someone can pull up the data for that day/night.

I'm just a young whippersnapper, I wasn't alive back then.
:lol: Yeah now your an old whippersnapper, I think old Man Gumper may recall that event, I really can't recall too many like it in April especially for metro Vancouver.

Sorry gumby,can't help you. In 1972 I was too busy playing road hockey and starting my tennis career,self taught . And if it was cold enough I was playing shinny at the small ponds on little mountain. In 1973 I was at Empire stadium for the bc track and field championships, 3rd place in the 4x400. In 1977 I led my high school tennis team to 2nd place in BC.
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Former Username: Missionbcwx

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:02 am

Typeing3 wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:
stuffradio wrote:I'm just a young whippersnapper, I wasn't alive back then.
:lol: Yeah now your an old whippersnapper, I think old Man Gumper may recall that event, I really can't recall too many like it in April especially for metro Vancouver.

On the topic of the early 70s...those were some insanely snowy winters. January '71 was quite significant...over 100cm fell in just five days.
Yup made reference to that in another thread how the Arctic front arrived on a Sunday evening, went to school that Monday morning then it was cancelled for the rest of the week.
All l want for Christmas is a tin of sardines

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:03 am

Forrest Gump wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:
stuffradio wrote:I'm just a young whippersnapper, I wasn't alive back then.

Sorry gumby,can't help you. In 1972 I was too busy playing road hockey and starting my tennis career,self taught . And if it was cold enough I was playing shinny at the small ponds on little mountain. In 1973 I was at Empire stadium for the bc track and field championships, 3rd place in the 4x400. In 1977 I led my high school tennis team to 2nd place in BC.
Did you go to Prince of Wales? Mr. Gumballs, I thought Kitsilano was always the provincial champion in almost everything.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:06 am

Welcome Weather1 there's no 1 like you. :lol:

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:42 am

SardisBCwxman wrote:
stuffradio wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:Interesting but like I said in a past post nothing will come close to that thunder snow back in early April 1972, I recall the next morning some snowshowers as well and a couple inches fell through till the early afternoon, I was living in Kitsilano at the time. Maybe someone can pull up the data for that day/night.

I'm just a young whippersnapper, I wasn't alive back then.

Maybe a middle whippersnapper.

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:29 am

SardisBCwxman wrote:
Forrest Gump wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote: :lol: Yeah now your an old whippersnapper, I think old Man Gumper may recall that event, I really can't recall too many like it in April especially for metro Vancouver.

Did you go to Prince of Wales? Mr. Gumballs, I thought Kitsilano was always the provincial champion in almost everything.

Eric Hamber, I think Prince of Wales had a tennis player that was ranked #1 in BC,not sure about kitsilano ,can't remember who finished 1st.
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:30 pm

-7 dewpoint out here in the central valley with a slight outflow breeze could be chilly tonight if skies clear and winds drop off.

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:40 pm

SardisBCwxman wrote:-7 dewpoint out here in the central valley with a slight outflow breeze could be chilly tonight if skies clear and winds drop off.

Didn't hit freezing here last night, but March featured 8 sub-freezing lows compared to a normal of 6.1 at YXX.

It was a slightly chilly month in general with an average high/low of 10.8/2.0 compared to a normal of 11.6/2.7. There were more clear night than normal, which explains the chilly lows but not the chilly highs. This March was the sunniest in the six years I've been keeping sunshine records at my location, narrowly edging out 2013 and 2015.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Abby_wx wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:-7 dewpoint out here in the central valley with a slight outflow breeze could be chilly tonight if skies clear and winds drop off.

Didn't hit freezing here last night, but March featured 8 sub-freezing lows compared to a normal of 6.1 at YXX.

It was a slightly chilly month in general with an average high/low of 10.8/2.0 compared to a normal of 11.6/2.7. There were more clear night than normal, which explains the chilly lows but not the chilly highs. This March was the sunniest in the six years I've been keeping sunshine records at my location, narrowly edging out 2013 and 2015.

It was a little chilly but overall I thought March was nicer than normal. Some cool sunny days.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:44 am

AbbyJr wrote:TWN is going with 85-115 mm of rain Sunday through Thursday in Abbotsford... in April! :x :x :x :x :x

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 6.43.46 PM.png

Just to look back on how bad the weather network forecast was. Today was going to feature heavy rain with 50mm falling on the 1st and 2nd of April. It’s sunny out there with likely only a few mm falling in that time frame.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”