December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Michael1
Weather Fanatic

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Michael1 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 am

Monty67 wrote:157cm of snow here in 2017. In the end it’s hard to complain about that.

Give me some time, I'll come up with something :lol:

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:00 am

AbbyJr wrote:
forrest gump wrote:
storm wrote:
Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all [g]sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Mark 10:25

Oh? Your a Christian? Didn't know that. :D I am too.

Good to hear,I sensed that maybe you were. There could be a couple more on here who are Christians.
A Stanley Cup and 2 feet of snow would be nice
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:01 am

forrest gump wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
forrest gump wrote:
9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all [g]sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

Good to hear,I sensed that maybe you were. There could be a couple more on here who are Christians.

Yeah! Thats so cool that you sensed I was. What made you sense it?

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 am

storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
You don't know what inspiring is. I came to this wonderful country in 2003 with my wife and 4 suitcases and $9000.00. I was 26 years old when I came and it was the hardest thing I had ever done.We didn't know anything and anybody, everything was new to us and incredibly difficult. In 2013 I decided to start my own business and it worked out. Now I work with one of the highest end builders in the city and Whistler. People don't know how fortunate are to be born/living in this country. This country is my home, my kids are born here and I can't be more thankful.

Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

I moved here from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Living there wasn't easy, during and after the communist. That's why I say how fortunate people are to be born in Canada.

Although epic winters were guarantee there.

My parents and grandfather had a similar story many years ago,running away from communism in former yugoslavia(croatia) and wanting to make a better life for their family in Canada. My mother was pregnant with me and hungry when they literally were hopping trains and walking through fields for miles and miles on the way to italy and stumbled onto a Catholic refugee camp. From there someone sponsored us and we were on our way to Canada(montreal) via boat. It's amazing how they(we) got through that whole ordeal. I have no doubt that God was with us and paved the way.
A Stanley Cup and 2 feet of snow would be nice
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

John
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: John

Postby John » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 am

forrest gump wrote:
storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

I moved here from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Living there wasn't easy, during and after the communist. That's why I say how fortunate people are to be born in Canada.

My parents and grandfather had a similar story many years ago,running away from communism in former yugoslavia(croatia) and wanting to make a better life for their family in Canada. My mother was pregnant with me and hungry when they literally were hopping trains and walking through fields for miles and miles on the way to italy and stumbled onto a Catholic refugee camp. From there someone sponsored us and we were on our way to Canada(montreal) via boat. It's amazing how they(we) got through that whole ordeal. I have no doubt that God was with us and paved the way.

Nice story. Happy new year all

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:56 am

forrest gump wrote:
storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:

I can totally relate to that. My grandfather was political prisoner in labour camp for 8 years after his release he managed to cross the border with Yugoslavia and emigrated to West Germany with the hope to get his family there (that never happened). After 11 years there he came back home in 1989 and never went back.

tyweather
Charter Member

Postby tyweather » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:14 am

forrest gump wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
forrest gump wrote:

Me too. Happy new year

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:21 am

Merry Christmas! We're gaining 1+ minutes of light a day now, and only one month until it's time to start planting veggies :D

Catnip
Charter Member

Postby Catnip » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:54 am

stuffradio wrote:Merry Christmas! We're gaining 1+ minutes of light a day now, and only one month until it's time to start planting veggies :D

Merry Christmas Stuff!
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

Hawk - "We are in PATTERN LOCK Jr!!! Who cares what the GFS and Euro weeklies say about 10 days from now hahahahahaha"

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:00 am

Catnip wrote:
stuffradio wrote:Merry Christmas! We're gaining 1+ minutes of light a day now, and only one month until it's time to start planting veggies :D

Merry Christmas Stuff!

I just noticed I posted this in the December thread. Haha

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”