Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:15 pm

storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
You don't know what inspiring is. I came to this wonderful country in 2003 with my wife and 4 suitcases and $9000.00. I was 26 years old when I came and it was the hardest thing I had ever done.We didn't know anything and anybody, everything was new to us and incredibly difficult. In 2013 I decided to start my own business and it worked out. Now I work with one of the highest end builders in the city and Whistler. People don't know how fortunate are to be born/living in this country. This country is my home, my kids are born here and I can't be more thankful.

Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

I moved here from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Living there wasn't easy, during and after the communist. That's why I say how fortunate people are to be born in Canada.

I've always felt lucky to be Canadian and proud of it most of the time too. They say fortune favours the bold, true for you.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

I moved here from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Living there wasn't easy, during and after the communist. That's why I say how fortunate people are to be born in Canada.

I've always felt lucky to be Canadian and proud of it most of the time too. They say fortune favours the bold, true for you.

Desperation for better life can do wonders.

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:18 pm

I guess we're not going to make that 1000 pages...or even 800. I'm off to do final evening feed and then bed. You'll be happy I'm not joining you for aulde lang syne, the forum would break. :lol: :lol:

Here's to 2018 being an epic weather year, with blizzards, snowstorms and all sorts of other goodies.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:20 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:I guess we're not going to make that 1000 pages...or even 800. I'm off to do final evening feed and then bed. You'll be happy I'm not joining you for aulde lang syne, the forum would break. :lol: :lol:

Here's to 2018 being an epic weather year, with blizzards, snowstorms and all sorts of other goodies.

Happy New Year to you!!!

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:50 pm

storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:I guess we're not going to make that 1000 pages...or even 800. I'm off to do final evening feed and then bed. You'll be happy I'm not joining you for aulde lang syne, the forum would break. :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year to you!!!

Thanks Storm same to you and your family

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:56 pm

157cm of snow here in 2017. In the end it’s hard to complain about that.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Catnip
Charter Member

Postby Catnip » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 am

Happy New Year guys and girls!
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

Currently sharing Hawk's dream.....

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:08 am

Happy New Year to all!!!

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:12 am

-3.4 and ice fog here.. kinda cool. Don't see this often.

*Yes our real estate business is pretty corrupt in BC. Nu Stream is the worst. Chinese company that set out with it's mission statement that pretty much says do whatever it takes. They have been in trouble a couple times already. A co-worker of mine actually quit the company because of it's unethical approach.

*No I don't know WetherPro.. I just know some facts about him.

*Yes Canada is awesome, but it's slipping away. Canadians in general are too lazy to do anything about it. The new immigrants are even worse. They don't give a damn. Very different from past immigrants.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:15 am

Hound wrote:-3.4 and ice fog here.. kinda cool. Don't see this often.

*Yes our real estate business is pretty corrupt in BC. Nu Stream is the worst. Chinese company that set out with it's mission statement that pretty much says do whatever it takes. They have been in trouble a couple times already. A co-worker of mine actually quit the company because of it's unethical approach.

*No I don't know WetherPro.. I just know some facts about him.

*Yes Canada is awesome, but it's slipping away. Canadians in general are too lazy to do anything about it. The new immigrants are even worse. They don't give a damn. Very different from past immigrants.

It's generational thing. Deam millennials.

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”