December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:37 pm

Abby_wx wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Abby_wx wrote:Already down to -3.6C tonight after a high of 1.7C. Last night's low was -5.4C.

Power went out again yesterday evening and came back on overnight. I think it was only out for about 6 hours this time.

I've certainly had plenty of freezing weather lately. We all thought EC was nuts for forecasting a whole week below freezing for Abby, but they ended up being surprisingly close. My high over the last week was 2.4C, and in the last 11 days it hasn't been warmer than 3.1C. The last "typical" mild day was the 20th when it reached 5.7C.

I spent some time out taking pictures today. A bit of melting today, but still lots of beauty to be found. Here's a couple. I don't want to clog the main thread with too many, so perhaps I'll post more in the dedicated thread.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Great pictures Abby_wx! I was so bummed that almost every neighborhood in Abby had record breaking icing and I had very little to none. I feel so ripped off. We almost bought a townhome below Eagle Mountain that had an amazing view of the Sumas Prairie and the mountains. We loved it and best of all, its one of the best locations in Abbotsford for getting severe weather and experiencing power outage fun. (Obviously thats not the reason my parents wanted to move there lol) but we loved the unit and the view. Sadly, we were unable to bid or put an offer on it. We tried and tried. My dad even tried to put on offer on it before viewing the inside since we saw all the pictures online and drove up to it one day and looked at it on the outside. But they wouldn't let us. The problem, was that our realtor was not the one listing it so he had to try to set up a viewing but the listing realtor woudn't let us. Finally, he told us it was sold. Turns, out, the listing realtor refused to show the unit to anybody because he wanted to buy it and didn't want to lose in a bid. So he wouldn't show it or let anybody bid on it so that he could buy it himself. Classic dishonest unethical people in our immoral society. We lost it due to a conflict of interest! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Oh well. But still... me and my dad were talking about it yesterday and he's still mad about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks. Yes, I did find it odd that north-central Abby got so little snow and ice this time. You had me beat last winter. It seems like there's either too much outflow or not enough, and someone always gets screwed no matter what.

That's a shame you didn't get that place. I'm sure you would have liked it there. I think that's very close to where Arbetrader lives.

It seems like our real estate industry is rigged in favour of criminals, dishonest practices, and shady stuff in general. At least the government has begun cracking down, but there is much more that could be done.

Yeah its a funny microclimate here. Yes, it is a shame we didn't get that place. It does suck but I'm blessed to have food, water, heat, and shelter not to mention the place we are in is really nice and has a gorgeous backyard. So I shouldn't complain. I'm sure I will still get my fun later in January ;) Despite the current models, I don't think we are done with winter. I think we will still see at least one possibly a couple more cold snaps and snow events later in January and or February. What do you think?
Last edited by AbbyJr on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Money corrupts people. I mean, yes we need it to survive but people become so obsessed with it that they are willing to cheat and rip off others in order to get more of it.

I have lost so much business over the years from unethical people. One thing I learned is stay true to yours and loyal to your clients and everything will work out, based on that I built $1.5M company in revenue in 4 years.

That's inspiring Storm.

You don't know what inspiring is. I came to this wonderful country in 2003 with my wife and 4 suitcases and $9000.00. I was 26 years old when I came and it was the hardest thing I had ever done.We didn't know anything and anybody, everything was new to us and incredibly difficult. In 2013 I decided to start my own business and it worked out. Now I work with one of the highest end builders in the city and Whistler. People don't know how fortunate are to be born/living in this country. This country is my home, my kids are born here and I can't be more thankful.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:40 pm

storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
I have lost so much business over the years from unethical people. One thing I learned is stay true to yours and loyal to your clients and everything will work out, based on that I built $1.5M company in revenue in 4 years.

That's inspiring Storm.

You don't know what inspiring is. I came to this wonderful country in 2003 with my wife and 4 suitcases and $9000.00. I was 26 years old when I came and it was the hardest thing I had ever done.We didn't know anything and anybody, everything was new to us and incredibly difficult. In 2013 I decided to start my own business and it worked out. Now I work with one of the highest end builders in the city and Whistler. People don't know how fortunate are to be born/living in this country. This country is my home, my kids are born here and I can't be more thankful.

I LOVE this country as well. I'm a proud Canadian and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. :D

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
That's inspiring Storm.

I LOVE this country as well. I'm a proud Canadian and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. :D

The best country in the world.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:45 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:

The best country in the world.

This should be our National Anthem! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flz30UpNB_M

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:51 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Monty67 wrote:Sounds borderline illegal. I think they are cracking down on stuff like that. Certainly not representing the interests of his clients.

I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all [g]sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Mark 10:25
A Stanley Cup and 2 feet of snow would be nice
But I still haven't found what I'm looking for

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:53 pm

forrest gump wrote:
storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

9 But those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a snare and many foolish and harmful desires which plunge men into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is a root of all [g]sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
1 Timothy 6New American Standard Bible (NASB)

“It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
Mark 10:25

Oh? Your a Christian? Didn't know that. :D I am too.
Last edited by AbbyJr on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Very uninspiring Euro run.... Next

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:58 pm

storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:

That's inspiring Storm.

Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:09 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:
storm wrote:
Roberts Creeker wrote:
That's inspiring Storm.

Ok, now can I be inspired? :lol: :lol: I have always lived in the Vancouver area and am impressed by people who are brave enough to change countries, especially as you did with not much in your 'pocket' and no one here. Takes a lot of guts. Where did you move from?

I moved here from Bulgaria, Eastern Europe. Living there wasn't easy, during and after the communist. That's why I say how fortunate people are to be born in Canada.

Although epic winters were guarantee there.

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”