December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Monty67 wrote:
storm wrote:
Bonovox wrote:I have a one year old and number two on the way with a pregnant wife, so my New Year’s eve will be spent drinking beer and model riding. Very exciting life I live, you see.

:lol: I have two too... older 11 and 6 so glass of wine and model riding.

We have a 7.5 month old and my wife is sick. Hot chocolate and baileys for me tonight. We might watch a movie. Not sure I can stomach a frame by frame model shitshow. The GEM wasn’t a gem. Gfs looking not good.

Hope your wife feels better soon, not much worse than being sick with a baby.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

Money corrupts people. I mean, yes we need it to survive but people become so obsessed with it that they are willing to cheat and rip off others in order to get more of it.

Yup

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 pm

Roberts Creeker wrote:
Monty67 wrote:
storm wrote:
:lol: I have two too... older 11 and 6 so glass of wine and model riding.

We have a 7.5 month old and my wife is sick. Hot chocolate and baileys for me tonight. We might watch a movie. Not sure I can stomach a frame by frame model shitshow. The GEM wasn’t a gem. Gfs looking not good.

Hope your wife feels better soon, not much worse than being sick with a baby.

Same, hope she feels better soon.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:08 pm

Does anyone think we could see a multi day snow event similar to the February 2017 one this winter? Perhaps end of January or early February again? Not necessarily the same extreme totals but a similar event where a low stalls off the coast and meets up with arctic air and produces snow for a 2-3 days? Maybe something more like February 2014, but a bit colder?

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:13 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Money corrupts people. I mean, yes we need it to survive but people become so obsessed with it that they are willing to cheat and rip off others in order to get more of it.

I have lost so much business over the years from unethical people. One thing I learned is stay true to yours and loyal to your clients and everything will work out, based on that I built $1.5M company in revenue in 4 years.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:16 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:

I have lost so much business over the years from unethical people. One thing I learned is stay true to yours and loyal to your clients and everything will work out, based on that I built $1.5M company in revenue in 4 years.

Good job! I like your attitude :D :mrgreen:

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Off topic, but Missionbcwx, did you ever lose power at all at your place in upper Mission during the ice storm?

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:19 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:

That's inspiring Storm.

Bonovox
Charter Member

Postby Bonovox » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
storm wrote:

That’s awesome. Cheers!
Elevation: 278 feet

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:34 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
Abby_wx wrote:Already down to -3.6C tonight after a high of 1.7C. Last night's low was -5.4C.

Power went out again yesterday evening and came back on overnight. I think it was only out for about 6 hours this time.

I've certainly had plenty of freezing weather lately. We all thought EC was nuts for forecasting a whole week below freezing for Abby, but they ended up being surprisingly close. My high over the last week was 2.4C, and in the last 11 days it hasn't been warmer than 3.1C. The last "typical" mild day was the 20th when it reached 5.7C.

I spent some time out taking pictures today. A bit of melting today, but still lots of beauty to be found. Here's a couple. I don't want to clog the main thread with too many, so perhaps I'll post more in the dedicated thread.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Great pictures Abby_wx! I was so bummed that almost every neighborhood in Abby had record breaking icing and I had very little to none. I feel so ripped off. We almost bought a townhome below Eagle Mountain that had an amazing view of the Sumas Prairie and the mountains. We loved it and best of all, its one of the best locations in Abbotsford for getting severe weather and experiencing power outage fun. (Obviously thats not the reason my parents wanted to move there lol) but we loved the unit and the view. Sadly, we were unable to bid or put an offer on it. We tried and tried. My dad even tried to put on offer on it before viewing the inside since we saw all the pictures online and drove up to it one day and looked at it on the outside. But they wouldn't let us. The problem, was that our realtor was not the one listing it so he had to try to set up a viewing but the listing realtor woudn't let us. Finally, he told us it was sold. Turns, out, the listing realtor refused to show the unit to anybody because he wanted to buy it and didn't want to lose in a bid. So he wouldn't show it or let anybody bid on it so that he could buy it himself. Classic dishonest unethical people in our immoral society. We lost it due to a conflict of interest! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Oh well. But still... me and my dad were talking about it yesterday and he's still mad about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks. Yes, I did find it odd that north-central Abby got so little snow and ice this time. You had me beat last winter. It seems like there's either too much outflow or not enough, and someone always gets screwed no matter what.

That's a shame you didn't get that place. I'm sure you would have liked it there. I think that's very close to where Arbetrader lives.

It seems like our real estate industry is rigged in favour of criminals, dishonest practices, and shady stuff in general. At least the government has begun cracking down, but there is much more that could be done.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”