December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:37 pm

Heavy 254 wrote:Good evening Ladies and Gents. Heading out for the evening, but before I left, I wanted to wish you all the Happiest and Safest of New Years, and I am looking forward to another year of learning and laughing from all my new friends on the forum. All the best moving forward and will checking in tomorrow morning.

Happy New Year to you!!! Hopefully a snowy one.

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:32 pm

storm wrote:
Bonovox wrote:I have a one year old and number two on the way with a pregnant wife, so my New Year’s eve will be spent drinking beer and model riding. Very exciting life I live, you see.

:lol: I have two too... older 11 and 6 so glass of wine and model riding.

We have a 7.5 month old and my wife is sick. Hot chocolate and baileys for me tonight. We might watch a movie. Not sure I can stomach a frame by frame model shitshow. The GEM wasn’t a gem. Gfs looking not good.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Roberts Creeker
Weather Nut

Postby Roberts Creeker » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:52 pm

Abby_wx wrote:Already down to -3.6C tonight after a high of 1.7C. Last night's low was -5.4C.

Power went out again yesterday evening and came back on overnight. I think it was only out for about 6 hours this time.

I've certainly had plenty of freezing weather lately. We all thought EC was nuts for forecasting a whole week below freezing for Abby, but they ended up being surprisingly close. My high over the last week was 2.4C, and in the last 11 days it hasn't been warmer than 3.1C. The last "typical" mild day was the 20th when it reached 5.7C.

I spent some time out taking pictures today. A bit of melting today, but still lots of beauty to be found. Here's a couple. I don't want to clog the main thread with too many, so perhaps I'll post more in the dedicated thread.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Great pictures Abbywx!

We still have snow and it's another beautiful night out there with the full moon. Temp -1.1.

Happy New Year to everyone, especially those of us staying home and carefully monitoring (swearing at) the models.

Monty67
Charter Member

Postby Monty67 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:59 pm

The 0z runs were hideous. Next.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:15 pm

Monty67 wrote:The 0z runs were hideous. Next.

06z will be better.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:21 pm

Abby_wx wrote:Already down to -3.6C tonight after a high of 1.7C. Last night's low was -5.4C.

Power went out again yesterday evening and came back on overnight. I think it was only out for about 6 hours this time.

I've certainly had plenty of freezing weather lately. We all thought EC was nuts for forecasting a whole week below freezing for Abby, but they ended up being surprisingly close. My high over the last week was 2.4C, and in the last 11 days it hasn't been warmer than 3.1C. The last "typical" mild day was the 20th when it reached 5.7C.

I spent some time out taking pictures today. A bit of melting today, but still lots of beauty to be found. Here's a couple. I don't want to clog the main thread with too many, so perhaps I'll post more in the dedicated thread.

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Great pictures Abby_wx! I was so bummed that almost every neighborhood in Abby had record breaking icing and I had very little to none. I feel so ripped off. We almost bought a townhome below Eagle Mountain that had an amazing view of the Sumas Prairie and the mountains. We loved it and best of all, its one of the best locations in Abbotsford for getting severe weather and experiencing power outage fun. (Obviously thats not the reason my parents wanted to move there lol) but we loved the unit and the view. Sadly, we were unable to bid or put an offer on it. We tried and tried. My dad even tried to put on offer on it before viewing the inside since we saw all the pictures online and drove up to it one day and looked at it on the outside. But they wouldn't let us. The problem, was that our realtor was not the one listing it so he had to try to set up a viewing but the listing realtor woudn't let us. Finally, he told us it was sold. Turns, out, the listing realtor refused to show the unit to anybody because he wanted to buy it and didn't want to lose in a bid. So he wouldn't show it or let anybody bid on it so that he could buy it himself. Classic dishonest unethical people in our immoral society. We lost it due to a conflict of interest! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Oh well. But still... me and my dad were talking about it yesterday and he's still mad about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Monty67
Charter Member

Postby Monty67 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

AbbyJr wrote:

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Great pictures Abby_wx! I was so bummed that almost every neighborhood in Abby had record breaking icing and I had very little to none. I feel so ripped off. We almost bought a townhome below Eagle Mountain that had an amazing view of the Sumas Prairie and the mountains. We loved it and best of all, its one of the best locations in Abbotsford for getting severe weather and experiencing power outage fun. (Obviously thats not the reason my parents wanted to move there lol) but we loved the unit and the view. Sadly, we were unable to bid or put an offer on it. We tried and tried. My dad even tried to put on offer on it before viewing the inside since we saw all the pictures online and drove up to it one day and looked at it on the outside. But they wouldn't let us. The problem, was that our realtor was not the one listing it so he had to try to set up a viewing but the listing realtor woudn't let us. Finally, he told us it was sold. Turns, out, the listing realtor refused to show the unit to anybody because he wanted to buy it and didn't want to lose in a bid. So he wouldn't show it or let anybody bid on it so that he could buy it himself. Classic dishonest unethical people in our immoral society. We lost it due to a conflict of interest! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x Oh well. But still... me and my dad were talking about it yesterday and he's still mad about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds borderline illegal. I think they are cracking down on stuff like that. Certainly not representing the interests of his clients.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:54 pm

Monty67 wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:

IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2091.jpg

Sounds borderline illegal. I think they are cracking down on stuff like that. Certainly not representing the interests of his clients.

I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Storm
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Storm » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:59 pm

AbbyJr wrote:
Monty67 wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:

I agree. There should be laws against it. Its pretty bad. I feel bad for the seller, because we perhaps would have put in a higher bid. So the seller lost out. Its really upsetting that people have no morals anymore. Its all about me me me. Selfish unethical dishonest people. Ugh.

Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:01 pm

storm wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Monty67 wrote:Sounds borderline illegal. I think they are cracking down on stuff like that. Certainly not representing the interests of his clients.

Unfortunately Jr. it's all about the money for this kind of people.

Money corrupts people. I mean, yes we need it to survive but people become so obsessed with it that they are willing to cheat and rip off others in order to get more of it.

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”