December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Re: December 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Weather101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 am

Missionbcwx wrote:
Weather101 wrote:I for one appericate Nitos posts, Whether he has a bias or not shouldn't really matter, I mean we all have a cold bias lol Nito is good at telling it how it is when the models show what's going on.

Phil is smart and takes a lot of crap but that could also be because he lives on the east coast and is so in love with our weather. But that other forum is really stupid like they piss on each other 24/7
Seems like Phil is rooting for the PNW to receive cold/snow. Yes we all love our Wetcoast bias man. :D

Yup! Phil is a nice guy.
All about them Cowboys.

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:54 am

The legend of Abby asking questions has moved to twitter :lol: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All about them Cowboys.

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:38 am

LOL! Go Abby Jr.!

2017-12-15_021156.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: van city

Postby Storm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:04 am

Weather101 wrote:I for one appericate Nitos posts, Whether he has a bias or not shouldn't really matter, I mean we all have a cold bias lol Nito is good at telling it how it is when the models show what's going on.

Phil is smart and takes a lot of crap but that could also be because he lives on the east coast and is so in love with our weather. But that other forum is really stupid like they piss on each other 24/7

20171215_040232.png

IMG_20171215_040021.jpg

IMG_20171215_040016.jpg
Last edited by Storm on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catnip
Charter Member

Postby Catnip » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:25 am

Go get em Storm!

Best looking Euro Weeklies update thus far:
https://weatherloverblog.wordpress.com/ ... -weeklies/
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

Currently sharing Hawk's dream.....

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 am

storm wrote:

20171215_040232.png
IMG_20171215_040021.jpg
IMG_20171215_040016.jpg

I'm all for snow lol bring it on :)
All about them Cowboys.

Monty67
Charter Member
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Postby Monty67 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:52 am

At some point we are going to want to see the retrogression being shown in the long range ensembles to start moving closer to reality. It seems to be pushed back near day 15 for some time now.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: hawk

Postby Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:53 am

Well i never thot i'd be so glad to see some rain wow. Thank god Ridgemageddon is gone...killing our snow chances :x :x :x :x
Having said that, if the ridge rebounds again, same spot i will be talking more about pattern lock :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and if this continues over and over next cupls weeks, i will create my own weather theory called LIVWS :x , Living in Vancouver Winters sucks :x !! Complete with AngryMan emoticon so people know how much it sucks.
..dreaming of....seeing some window splats even at this point..

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:57 am

Monty67 wrote:At some point we are going to want to see the retrogression being shown in the long range ensembles to start moving closer to reality. It seems to be pushed back near day 15 for some time now.

Good point...i was going to mention that the models and the signals have been there for quite some time...starting back in November, yet nothing. The ridge keeps sticking around, in the wrong spot. Maybe La Nina just initiates blocking in the N Eastern Pacific, but where that ends up is random? So last year it was high latitude Alaska/Yukon, this year so far it's killing us, planted almost over us. :?: :?: :?:
I don't see any retrogression anytime soon. The Euro weeklies keep showing it getting colder but when?!!?!?!?!? :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Hawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:02 am

Somehow the local mountains will be ok. Is this considered a victory cuza what the weather has been like? They score again in a tiny window of fairly heavy precip in next 5-6 days. Then it looks like RidgeMan returns for more Vit D, as faint as it is 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) (Sunglasses Man)

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”