Your Home Town Christmas

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Former Username: Missionbcwx

Your Home Town Christmas

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:01 pm

Since the weather is looking boringly sick for the next few weeks. Thought it would be cool to share some of your home Christmas decorations that get put up in your town. I'll start here in Mission they have the annual Christmas candlelight parade which is coming up next Friday the 1st the main street in Mission has those drippy type of lights strung up in the trees along 1st ave. very boring. The best lights I've seen are in Poco. they string them up down Shaunessy ave. not sure if they still do, there awesome looking kinda like Pottersville in the movie I'ts a wonderful life. The worst I'd say is Maple T**d cheap old decorations. Pitt C**P is also terrible with a Seasons greetings string strung up. As a kid my Mom would take me downtown to see the Woodwards Christmas window display it's apparently at some hotel now I think the Pan Pacific.
Last edited by SardisBCwxman on Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sardine Can

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Re: Your Home Town Christmas

Postby Glacier » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:13 pm

I don't mean to brag (*snicker*), but the snow is 2 feet deep at my mom's house right now in the Chilcotin. The snowpack measuring station 8 km from her house is still showing near record breaking snowpack.

I will hopefully be up there at Christmas. Will take pictures.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Former Username: Missionbcwx

Re: Your Home Town Christmas

Postby SardisBCwxman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:29 pm

Glacier wrote:I don't mean to brag (*snicker*), but the snow is 2 feet deep at my mom's house right now in the Chilcotin. The snowpack measuring station 8 km from her house is still showing near record breaking snowpack.

I will hopefully be up there at Christmas. Will take pictures.
Awesome decorations and all I hope Mr. iceberg.
Sardine Can

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”