October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

User avatar
Monty67
Charter Member
Posts: 4603
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Monty67 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:41 pm

wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.

Haha. Abbotsford just can’t catch a break.

How are the Euro monthlies looking, assuming you still have access.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

User avatar
Missionbcwx
Charter Member
Posts: 3599
Former Username: UpperCedarWayMission
Location: Mission, B.C. Elevation: 440 Ft.

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Missionbcwx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 pm

storm wrote:
Bear Golden wrote:
wetcoast91 wrote:I see potential for mixed precip with some embedded t-storms. Sun angle and ground still too warm to allow for significent accumulations.

All snow maps are way off. Models are too aggressive with the onset of colder air.

Signs are there for a decent pattern for snow lovers down the line. Prominent ridge over 150W looks to be in the cards this NDJ period.


annnnnnnnnnd he's back


Lol.
Lol! Reminds me of that bear commercial it's a classic. It's Halloween he's alive welcome back Mr. Warmcoast!
District of Mission, B.C. (on the fraser)

wetcoast91
Charter Member
Posts: 1514
Location: New Westminster

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby wetcoast91 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:52 pm

Monty67 wrote:

How are the Euro monthlies looking, assuming you still have access.


Last weeks runs were okay. November should be a rather wet month but who knows. The ECMWF weeklies and CFS seem to present blocking in the Northern latitudes and a very distinctive La Nina pattern to end next month.

I put on my snowtires again this year as I feel like we could be in for a few icy/snowy periods.

wetcoast91
Charter Member
Posts: 1514
Location: New Westminster

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby wetcoast91 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:07 pm

00z GFS Ensemble runs look much colder than the 12z.

User avatar
Roberts Creeker
Seriously Into Weather
Posts: 152
Location: Upper Roberts Creek

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Roberts Creeker » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 pm

wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.


Awesome! What's your prediction for the Sunshine Coast? :lol: Sure glad I don't live in Abbotsford.

User avatar
Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 4041
Location: Coquitlam, Elevation 25m (80ft)

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Typeing3 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:08 pm

wetcoast91 wrote:
Monty67 wrote:

How are the Euro monthlies looking, assuming you still have access.


Last weeks runs were okay. November should be a rather wet month but who knows. The ECMWF weeklies and CFS seem to present blocking in the Northern latitudes and a very distinctive La Nina pattern to end next month.

I put on my snowtires again this year as I feel like we could be in for a few icy/snowy periods.

Have had this feeling we are due for a big event sometime in late Dec/early Jan for a while now. Probably just wishful thinking though. ;)
East Coquitlam. Elevation 25m(80ft).

User avatar
Storm
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 2935
Former Username: van city
Location: North Burnaby

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Storm » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 pm

wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.



:lol: Great stuff as always Nito.
Location: North Burnaby, (elevation 63m. or 206.8 feet)

Michael1
Weather Fanatic
Posts: 674
Location: Parksville BC

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Michael1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:29 pm

storm wrote:
wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.



:lol: Great stuff as always Nito.

Will the Strait of Georgia freeze?

User avatar
Catnip
Charter Member
Posts: 3058
Location: Coquitlam

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Catnip » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 am

Michael1 wrote:
storm wrote:
wetcoast91 wrote:Ok let's try it again...

Massive snowstorm in the cards for Thursday night into the weekend as a big low pressure stalls over BC for the next few days. Expect a meter of snow each day with a total of 5 meters when all is set and done in some spots.

Vancouver - 3 meters
Parksville - 5 meters
Victoria - 2 meters
Bellingham - 3 meters
Chilliwack - 2 meters
Abbotsford - 1 cm of slush

Next week looks cold as the sun vanishes. Expect temps to drop below -70C as the Lower Mainland becomes completely uninhabitable.



:lol: Great stuff as always Nito.

Will the Strait of Georgia freeze?


Ice Bridge!
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

User avatar
Hawk
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 3031
Former Username: hawk
Location: Willoughby area, Langley

Re: October 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Hawk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:03 am

Bear Golden wrote:
wetcoast91 wrote:I see potential for mixed precip with some embedded t-storms. Sun angle and ground still too warm to allow for significent accumulations.

All snow maps are way off. Models are too aggressive with the onset of colder air.

Signs are there for a decent pattern for snow lovers down the line. Prominent ridge over 150W looks to be in the cards this NDJ period.


annnnnnnnnnd he's back

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enuf said


Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Forrest Gump, LynnValley, Macster, Storm, Victoria snow and 15 guests