September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

User avatar
Hawk
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 3257
Former Username: hawk
Location: Willoughby area, Langley

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Hawk » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:10 am

Nice to see all doing well and having fun. Nice light show for those that saw it. Nice fish score Monty...caught a 1.1lb myself 2 days ago. I gotta great recipe if you wanna know it. Simple but the method was given to me by master chef. Mine tasted amazing. Looks like we both had some food on the table this week 8-) 8-)

Now what about this trough incoming? Looks pretty chilly for the mountains, esp my 2nd home. Flakes are not far behind
Enuf said

User avatar
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 2134
Location: Okanagan

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Glacier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:12 am

Hawk wrote:Nice to see all doing well and having fun. Nice light show for those that saw it. Nice fish score Monty...caught a 1.1lb myself 2 days ago. I gotta great recipe if you wanna know it. Simple but the method was given to me by master chef. Mine tasted amazing. Looks like we both had some food on the table this week 8-) 8-)

Now what about this trough incoming? Looks pretty chilly for the mountains, esp my 2nd home. Flakes are not far behind

I need to pull my tomatoes and pick my plums

User avatar
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 2134
Location: Okanagan

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Glacier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:32 pm

Interesting how Hope and Lytton both have two weather stations that were significantly different from each other yesterday. Like a degree difference even though they're right to each other (in the case of Hope)...

hotspots2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Monty67
Charter Member
Posts: 5046
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Monty67 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:11 pm

I noticed the climate data for Shawnigan lake is no longer updating. Hopefully that's a temporary glitch, that station goes back more than 100 years.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

User avatar
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 2134
Location: Okanagan

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Glacier » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:21 pm

Monty67 wrote:I noticed the climate data for Shawnigan lake is no longer updating. Hopefully that's a temporary glitch, that station goes back more than 100 years.

Isn't it usually a few days or even weeks behind?

P.S. Pitt Meadows is the hottest place in BC at 30.1C!

Top 3:

1 Pitt Meadows = 30.1
2 Abbotsford Airport = 28.5
3 Cultus Lake = 28.3

User avatar
Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 4545
Location: Coquitlam, Elevation 25m (80ft)

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Typeing3 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Glacier wrote:
Monty67 wrote:I noticed the climate data for Shawnigan lake is no longer updating. Hopefully that's a temporary glitch, that station goes back more than 100 years.

Isn't it usually a few days or even weeks behind?

P.S. Pitt Meadows is the hottest place in BC at 30.1C!

Top 3:

1 Pitt Meadows = 30.1
2 Abbotsford Airport = 28.5
3 Cultus Lake = 28.3

Yeah, it's been quite a warm day. I hit 30.8C.
East Coquitlam. Elevation 25m(80ft).

Spring/Summer 2018
Last freeze: April 2 (-0.8C)
First 15C: March 11 (17.9C)
First 20C: March 12 (21.4C)
First 25C: April 24 (25.3C)
First 30C: May 13 (30.8C)
Hottest Temp 2018: 31.3C (May 14)

User avatar
Leighbugs
Charter Member
Posts: 1268
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Leighbugs » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:35 pm

Awesome day. Almost cracked 30 degrees. 29.7 C.
What's the latest 30 degree reading at any lower mainland station? Anyone know? Glacier? ;)
It's most certainly over though. The door to summer 2017 (I know it's been Fall for a week but still) is probably firmly shut now. Hard to believe that we can start to get excited about the possibility of snow in roughly 6 weeks from now! I hope it doesn't happen though. I believe a November cold snap is usually the kiss of death for the rest of the winter.

User avatar
Abby_wx
Charter Member
Posts: 3049
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Contact:

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Abby_wx » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:20 pm

30.3C here today. :o

Sucks that I had to work the last four days. I'm off tomorrow, and go figure, it's supposed to piss rain. :lol:
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

User avatar
Monty67
Charter Member
Posts: 5046
Location: Shawnigan Lake, Southern Vancouver Island. 150m (500ft)

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Monty67 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Glacier wrote:
Monty67 wrote:I noticed the climate data for Shawnigan lake is no longer updating. Hopefully that's a temporary glitch, that station goes back more than 100 years.

Isn't it usually a few days or even weeks behind?

P.S. Pitt Meadows is the hottest place in BC at 30.1C!

Top 3:

1 Pitt Meadows = 30.1
2 Abbotsford Airport = 28.5
3 Cultus Lake = 28.3

It's always at least 1 day behind, usually 2 days I guess. They report in kind of an odd way, posting the low temp for the day and then posting the high temp for that day 24 hrs later.

But it's almost 10 days behind now. I have never seen it run that far behind.
Located at the north end of Shawnigan Lake. 500ft elevation

User avatar
SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Posts: 4619
Former Username: Missionbcwx
Location: Sardis, B.C. Elevation: 0 Ft.

Re: September 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby SardisBCwxman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:09 pm

Leighbugs wrote:Awesome day. Almost cracked 30 degrees. 29.7 C.
What's the latest 30 degree reading at any lower mainland station? Anyone know? Glacier? ;)
It's most certainly over though. The door to summer 2017 (I know it's been Fall for a week but still) is probably firmly shut now. Hard to believe that we can start to get excited about the possibility of snow in roughly 6 weeks from now! I hope it doesn't happen though. I believe a November cold snap is usually the kiss of death for the rest of the winter.
I enjoyed these couple of last second warm day's just for the simple fact they had a different feel to them probably because of the later sunrise and earlier sunset and it wasn't a sweltering heat to me I guess the warmest part of the day now is much shorter than those dog day's of July/August. See ya summer I love fall/winter but I due grow fond of you when you do come around every year. :D
Sardine Can


Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests