July 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Hound
Charter Member

Re: July 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Hound » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:26 am

Wow, the sky looks like it's on fire with the red sun! A lot of smoke this morning covering the LM. If it keeps the temps down, then good, but as long as it doesn't choke us out. Could we get a week of rain please?

I saw a guy throw out his cigarette out of his car yesterday and it landed on the bark mulch center median. When I came back down the street, it had caught fire and some other drivers were trying to put it out. Driver was in a convertible BMW. Asshat with no brains. I need a dashcam.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:46 am

July was the first month ever that we (the Okanagan) went an entire month without a trace of precipitation. Also, unlike you guys on the coast, it was very hot. 3rd hottest on record in Penticton for daily max (behind 1960 and 1985).

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:03 am

Hound wrote:Wow, the sky looks like it's on fire with the red sun! A lot of smoke this morning covering the LM. If it keeps the temps down, then good, but as long as it doesn't choke us out. Could we get a week of rain please?

I saw a guy throw out his cigarette out of his car yesterday and it landed on the bark mulch center median. When I came back down the street, it had caught fire and some other drivers were trying to put it out. Driver was in a convertible BMW. Asshat with no brains. I need a dashcam.

Insane! Smokers have no brains it seems, at least some of them.

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”