Real life meetup?

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 2754
Location: Maple Ridge

Real life meetup?

Postby stuffradio » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 am

I don't know if this will happen, but an idea I had is to one day meet somewhere in Metro Vancouver (Maple Ridge obviously :) ) in a public place. Would anyone even be interested in doing this?

Shar
Weather Observer
Posts: 14
Location: 100 km north of Harrison

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby Shar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:06 pm

stuffradio wrote:I don't know if this will happen, but an idea I had is to one day meet somewhere in Metro Vancouver (Maple Ridge obviously :) ) in a public place. Would anyone even be interested in doing this?

Sounds like fun, I suggest Bobby Sox Diner for a location (my fav in Ridge)

User avatar
abbyweather
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 1637
Location: North-Central Abbotsford 50 m ASL

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby abbyweather » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Funny you mentioned this, my uncle thought of this idea a few weeks ago.

User avatar
Leighbugs
Charter Member
Posts: 1009
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby Leighbugs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:14 pm

I'd be willing. And OBVIOUSLY Maple Ridge is the place to be. :) ;)

User avatar
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 1702
Location: Okanagan

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby Glacier » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:05 am

Another web forum I visit used to have g2gs a few years ago, but I declined because Kelowna is too far away, but my wife and I did meet up with 5 different people from the forum over the years. And just the other day, they were talking about another one, but Kelowna is still too far away. Maple Ridge, well that's a little more doable, but not sure, since it's a little further than Kelowna for me.

At least with a weather forums G2G the weather wouldn't be small talk. lol.

User avatar
Hound
Charter Member
Posts: 1513
Location: N.E. Surrey, BC

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby Hound » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 am

It could be a possibility!
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 2754
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby stuffradio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:22 am

Leighbugs wrote:I'd be willing. And OBVIOUSLY Maple Ridge is the place to be. :) ;)

Of course ;)

Glacier wrote:Another web forum I visit used to have g2gs a few years ago, but I declined because Kelowna is too far away, but my wife and I did meet up with 5 different people from the forum over the years. And just the other day, they were talking about another one, but Kelowna is still too far away. Maple Ridge, well that's a little more doable, but not sure, since it's a little further than Kelowna for me.

At least with a weather forums G2G the weather wouldn't be small talk. lol.

Where in the Okanagan are you, Kamloops?

User avatar
stuffradio
Charter Member
Posts: 2754
Location: Maple Ridge

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby stuffradio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 am

abbyweather wrote:Funny you mentioned this, my uncle thought of this idea a few weeks ago.

Why didn't he organize it yet? :D

shar wrote:Sounds like fun, I suggest Bobby Sox Diner for a location (my fav in Ridge)

Who knows, maybe!

User avatar
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast
Posts: 1702
Location: Okanagan

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby Glacier » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm

stuffradio wrote:Where in the Okanagan are you, Kamloops?

Vernon.

User avatar
rhondle
Site Admin
Posts: 158
Former Username: Rhondle
Location: Salmon Arm

Re: Real life meetup?

Postby rhondle » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Glacier wrote:
stuffradio wrote:Where in the Okanagan are you, Kamloops?

Vernon.


Anyone else here from the Okanagan?


Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], LadnerWeather and 11 guests