Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Former Username: Missionbcwx

Re: January 2019 Current Conditions And Forecasts

Postby SardisBCwxman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 pm

stuffradio wrote:
Hound wrote:I noticed buds poking through the soil today.. it's over. :evil:

Buds don't poke through soil, they're on bushes and trees, etc. Also, there are local plants, flowers etc. that are normally supposed to start sprouting in January.
:lol: owned! :lol:
All I got for Christmas was a tin of sardines

Catnip
Charter Member

Postby Catnip » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Even the drunk uncle has been pretty tame this season. Must have been programmed to take into account the winds of sh*t.

kmsat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Catnip wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Rain_Down_On_Me wrote:
All too true. Don't think the ski season is over yet though. January's have been notoriously sHite here for years.

Whats shocking to me is that we haven't even had one arctic outbreak yet, even just a brief one. In previous years, even the bad ones featured at least something by now. Just awful. :cry:

Only outbreaks we can count on around here are the warm outflow winds blowing out of the anus.

Someone keeps farting around with our weather,if not global warming then it must be local warming from the stinky farms of Ladner.
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

Forrest Gump
Weather Enthusiast
Location: south surrey-white rock,near semiahmoo mall, elevation 377 ft

Postby Forrest Gump » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Hound wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:Yeah but Jeeps you gotta admit the comedy's been excellent this winter, it's free the one liners and insults have been excellent if this was the A forum you get thrown under the bus you have to admit. I mean where else do you get a sardine, a hawk, a pot smokin nut, a movie star (Gumps) 100 year old political junkie (Johnny) a Jr. a farmer (Stuffs) a cat on a hill (Nippers) someone who returns from the dead (T-3) a biker (Ty my man) I still think that last photo of the bike shadow off the snow is awesome! a talking corn on the knob (Hugh) a fossil (Abbywx) he's been around the forum for century's, a nudist from the Sunshine coast (Ms. Creeker, of course Leighbugs (Mom) and many others.

That's a pretty good rundown! :lol:

Oh, i get by with a little help from my friends
mm, i get high with a little help from W101
mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
Psalm 19:1

AbbyJr
Weather Enthusiast

Postby AbbyJr » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Catnip wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:
Whats shocking to me is that we haven't even had one arctic outbreak yet, even just a brief one. In previous years, even the bad ones featured at least something by now. Just awful. :cry:

Only outbreaks we can count on around here are the warm outflow winds blowing out of the anus.

Someone keeps farting around with our weather,if not global warming then it must be local warming from the stinky farms of Ladner.

Two much pork n' beans? :lol:

Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Postby Weather101 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Hound wrote:
SardisBCwxman wrote:Yeah but Jeeps you gotta admit the comedy's been excellent this winter, it's free the one liners and insults have been excellent if this was the A forum you get thrown under the bus you have to admit. I mean where else do you get a sardine, a hawk, a pot smokin nut, a movie star (Gumps) 100 year old political junkie (Johnny) a Jr. a farmer (Stuffs) a cat on a hill (Nippers) someone who returns from the dead (T-3) a biker (Ty my man) I still think that last photo of the bike shadow off the snow is awesome! a talking corn on the knob (Hugh) a fossil (Abbywx) he's been around the forum for century's, a nudist from the Sunshine coast (Ms. Creeker, of course Leighbugs (Mom) and many others.

:lol:
All about them Cowboys.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:39 pm

Welcome Vitog, l think l drank a little of that this Christmas. :lol:

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Hound wrote:

Nice Gumps :lol:

LadnerWeather
Seriously Into Weather

Postby LadnerWeather » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Forrest Gump wrote:
Catnip wrote:
AbbyJr wrote:

Lol I’ll admit it usually smells like a farm around here, i think i’ve gotten used to it by now cause i hardly notice it anymore. Between the warm weather and smells of manure, this really is the anus of Canada :roll:
East Ladner near Ladner Trunk Rd. & 66th St. (Sea Level)

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Rain_Down_On_Me wrote:
Hawk wrote:Cold in Alaska...this is a very good sign! decades ago, this is how we used to get cold and snowy here. A big ARCTIC High would set up over Alaska or the Yukon. It would then slowly drift south and park it in central BC. This used to happen often in January i believe. Prolly most often in Nina years, but this is what is missing from our relatively recent winter weather and this is why we never get super cold anymore. A Hawk can dream! Maybe this arctic High will slide south? Wouldn't that be an amazing score :P :P :P
The pattern has been so progressive lately the High has little chance but maybe in a cupla weeks it will be model fail and we score? I know, ok i go back to sleep Nito...and dream of bommy ridge instead :x :x :x :x :x :x

It's a good thought. But hasn't it been cold all winter up there?

No, it was very mild until a few days before Christmas. Something like 60 days in a row above average. My father-in-law had no snow in mid-December.

-55F today in some places, but add in the windchill, and you're down to -76F...

windchill.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”