July 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Moderators: Abby_wx, Leighbugs

Canada Goose
Seriously Into Weather

Re: July 2017 Current Conditions and Forecasts

Postby Canada Goose » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:16 pm

Typeing3 wrote:Don't worry, it looks great, although you should leave a link to the webpage in your signature so everyone can have easy access to it. I agree with you in terms of the rain as I too think summers out east have far too much rain and judging by your stats, this summer has had a lot more than usual with rain almost every day!

Also..I know how to speak french so don't worry as I understand the webpage. :)

Ok, donc je n'ai pas besoin de faire d'efforts pour écrire en anglais ! :lol:
J'ai mis le lien de ma station dans ma signature.
Oui, il pleut environ 2 jours sur 3 depuis le début de l'été, et le soleil n'est pas très présent... C'est pas Vancouver !
Sans parler des moustiques et autres bestioles en tous genres... :cry:

Ok, I stop writing in French! :D
My personal weather station near Quebec City, QC: http://meteomac.com/lacbleu/

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:22 pm

1.27mm for me today and i was still getting drops of rain falling on my head 20ish minutes ago.

Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Typeing3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Canada Goose wrote:
Typeing3 wrote:Don't worry, it looks great, although you should leave a link to the webpage in your signature so everyone can have easy access to it. I agree with you in terms of the rain as I too think summers out east have far too much rain and judging by your stats, this summer has had a lot more than usual with rain almost every day!

Also..I know how to speak french so don't worry as I understand the webpage. :)

Ok, donc je n'ai pas besoin de faire d'efforts pour écrire en anglais ! :lol:
J'ai mis le lien de ma station dans ma signature.
Oui, il pleut environ 2 jours sur 3 depuis le début de l'été, et le soleil n'est pas très présent... C'est pas Vancouver !
Sans parler des moustiques et autres bestioles en tous genres... :cry:

Ok, I stop writing in French! :D

Ugh, oui je sais que vous avez un problème avec les moustiques et les autres insectes. C'est dégoûtant. Nous n'avons pas cette problème ici. ;)

Vancouver est souvent très aride pendant l’été surtout par rapport aux villes en Quebec, (De tous les grands villes aux Canada, je crois que nous sommes le plus aride dans Juillet) mais nous en payons pour sa pendant l’Automne et l'Hiver et aussi pendant le Printemps quelques fois comme cette année. :lol:
Near Lougheed Hwy and Chilko Dr, Coquitlam. Elevation 25m(80ft).

Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Typeing3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:35 pm

stuffradio wrote:1.27mm for me today and i was still getting drops of rain falling on my head 20ish minutes ago.

Looks like YVR recorded a trace of rain yesterday(probably near midnight); I guess we'll see tomorrow if they got any measurable rain today.

Canada Goose
Seriously Into Weather

Postby Canada Goose » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Typeing3 wrote:Ugh, oui je sais que vous avez un problème avec les moustiques et les autres insectes. C'est dégoûtant. Nous n'avons pas cette problème ici. ;)

Vancouver est souvent très aride pendant l’été surtout par rapport aux villes en Quebec, (De tous les grands villes aux Canada, je crois que nous sommes le plus aride dans Juillet) mais nous en payons pour sa pendant l’Automne et l'Hiver et aussi pendant le Printemps quelques fois comme cette année. :lol:

Good job! ;)

Yes, I know. I have been studying Canada's climate for nearly 10 years, and especially Vancouver's climate. I'm from Toulouse, in France, and I'm used to warm and dry summers, like in Kamloops.
I agree there's too much rain in Autumn and Winter in Vancouver, but snow is never very far from the city. That's a very good point to me.

So... back to topic! My pleasure to discuss a bit. ;)
My personal weather station near Quebec City, QC: http://meteomac.com/lacbleu/

Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Typeing3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Canada Goose wrote:
Typeing3 wrote:Ugh, oui je sais que vous avez un problème avec les moustiques et les autres insectes. C'est dégoûtant. Nous n'avons pas cette problème ici. ;)

Good job! ;)

Yes, I know. I have been studying Canada's climate for nearly 10 years, and especially Vancouver's climate. I'm from Toulouse, in France, and I'm used to warm and dry summers, like in Kamloops.
I agree there's too much rain in Autumn and Winter in Vancouver, but snow is never very far from the city. That's a very good point to me.

So... back to topic! My pleasure to discuss a bit. ;)

Thanks, hopefully my french wasn't too rusty.

Yeah, the variations in climate in short distances here are pretty amazing. You can go from 6C with rain in downtown to 0C with snow at the base of the local mountains just a few km away. We have a saying that you can ski and golf on the same day. 8-)

Typeing3
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Typeing3 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:17 pm

12z gfs gives us a widspread ~25mm thru to hr 384. Good news for the fire affected regions as the cariboo looks to get between 25 and 75mm.

Speaking of hr 384, this is the pattern that the gfs is showing for that day. If only it was January 1st and not August 1st.....
Attachments
gfs_z500aNorm_namer_53.png
gfs_z500aNorm_namer_53.png (161.01 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Leighbugs
Charter Member

Postby Leighbugs » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:50 pm

I recieved 0.6 mm of rain sometime early this morning. Last rain before this was June 18th.

Canada Goose, your English very good. But just in case...je parle français aussi. My Dad was born in Montreal and I have family in Quebec still. My spoken french is definitely not great but I can fully understand written french. My kids are in french immersion school too. :) It will be a big change for you once you come out to this area. I'm sure many here will hope you'll bring some cold and snow with you even though you probably want a break! And although we have mosquitoes, they're not too terrible unless you're off in the woods somewhere. Then again, mosquitoes don't like me as much as other people and I don't get bit often so maybe others will disagree. ;)

Rain_Down_On_Me
Seriously Into Weather

Postby Rain_Down_On_Me » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 pm

Typeing3 wrote:12z gfs gives us a widspread ~25mm thru to hr 384. Good news for the fire affected regions as the cariboo looks to get between 25 and 75mm.

Speaking of hr 384, this is the pattern that the gfs is showing for that day. If only it was January 1st and not August 1st.....

Excellent news!

For what its worth, weather.com has put out a fall forecast and has us with below average temps through the fall. I would imagine that to continue into the winter, but its a long way off for now.
https://weather.com/forecast/national/n ... er-company

lightningmanAB
Weather Nut

Postby lightningmanAB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 am

Typeing3 wrote:12z gfs gives us a widspread ~25mm thru to hr 384. Good news for the fire affected regions as the cariboo looks to get between 25 and 75mm.

Booo... Too dry for southern Alberta and the SE corner of BC. :cry:

Return to “[BC] British Columbia Weather Discussions”