Vancouver Canucks Thread

Feel the need to discuss something other than weather? This is the place to do it.
Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Vancouver Canucks Thread

Postby Weather101 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:25 am

I thought new forums so why not have a section to talk about the Canucks since some of us are fans! I'll be nice too have a thread talking about other things then weather once in awhile! Going to be interesting too see if the Canucks can get there act together after the stretch drive and make the playoffs. Currently 1 point out of a playoff spot! I'll keep this thread updated with " Daily news, injuries , trades once the season starts again Wednesday !
All about them Cowboys.

rhondle
Site Admin
Former Username: Rhondle

Re: Vancouver Canucks Thread

Postby rhondle » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:30 am

Weather101 wrote:I thought new forums so why not have a section to talk about the Canucks since some of us are fans! I'll be nice too have a thread talking about other things then weather once in awhile! Going to be interesting too see if the Canucks can get there act together after the stretch drive and make the playoffs. Currently 1 point out of a playoff spot! I'll keep this thread updated with " Daily news, injuries , trades once the season starts again Wednesday !

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully i'll be back in time to catch the end of the season (currently in no-hockey land, aka Australia for 2 more weeks)...

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:00 am

rhondle wrote:
Weather101 wrote:I thought new forums so why not have a section to talk about the Canucks since some of us are fans! I'll be nice too have a thread talking about other things then weather once in awhile! Going to be interesting too see if the Canucks can get there act together after the stretch drive and make the playoffs. Currently 1 point out of a playoff spot! I'll keep this thread updated with " Daily news, injuries , trades once the season starts again Wednesday !

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully i'll be back in time to catch the end of the season (currently in no-hockey land, aka Australia for 2 more weeks)...

Lol!! Luckily there was a break for a couple weeks so you didn't miss much ! Once you're back hopefully this team will be competing again and actually determined to make the playoffs! I'm a little nervous
All about them Cowboys.

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:57 pm

I'll tell you one thing, I only missed the Canucks for a few minutes after that crappy Leafs game. Once the Olympics hockey got started, I didn't really miss it. I bet you we'll lose again on Wednesday unless we get a new player off trades.

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:45 pm

stuffradio wrote:I'll tell you one thing, I only missed the Canucks for a few minutes after that crappy Leafs game. Once the Olympics hockey got started, I didn't really miss it. I bet you we'll lose again on Wednesday unless we get a new player off trades.

We need gillis to grow a pair and get a top 6 forward we needed for years
All about them Cowboys.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member
Former Username: Missionbcwx

Postby SardisBCwxman » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 pm

You know it's bad when we are now battling the Jets for the final wild card position, that's new this season the wildcard race how do any of the Canuck fans on here like the new division and playoff set up? also the loss of Santorelli for the season he was a bright spot.
Sardine Can

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:17 am

UpperCedarWayMission wrote:You know it's bad when we are now battling the Jets for the final wild card position, that's new this season the wildcard race how do any of the Canuck fans on here like the new division and playoff set up? also the loss of Santorelli for the season he was a bright spot.

Yeah not looking good but 22 games to get healthy and right the ship. Will be interesting too see if gillis will pull any trades off, and I don't mind it the new division is fine just very competitive! And losing Santo is a big loss he gives 100% every shift and every game. Can't replace players like him. We need this team too work hard again!

Side note: Injury update

Ryan kesler took a puck off the hand should be good to go for Wednesday against st.louis
Henrik Sedin- no word yet if he will play (50/50)
Kevin Bieksa - (Should) play
Chris Tanev- No word yet if he will play (doubtful)
Ales burrows- (Hurt hand) fight against Phil Kessel injured his hand. (50/50)

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
Y. Weber back on ice with #Canucks. Henrik & Bieksa practicing for 2nd straight day. Burrows & Tanev still not with group
#Canucks Burrows & Tanev have matching protective devices on their thumbs. Burrows on left hand. Tanev on right
#Canucks Weber says was injured vs CHI. Tried to play in WPG & couldn't. Was worried wouldn't get clearance for Sochi. But ultimately did
#Canucks Torts: 'I don't think Tanev will be ready to practice on Monday.'
#Canucks Torts on Alberts battle with Dec 30 concussion: 'Still a ways away. He's still having problems in his day to day stuff.'

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Practice underway at Rogers Arena this morning. Weber has returned from Sochi. No Burrows or Tanev on the ice.
Torts hopes to have all #Canucks return from Sochi on Tuesday. Full skate planned for the team.
“Bieksa was sore, I kicked him off the ice. He wanted to stay. We want him to be healthy for Wednesday.” - Torts
“We will bring players up from Utica for Tuesday. No number and not yet sure who.” - Torts
All about them Cowboys.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Any word on Kesler's MRI?
Sardine Can

Weather101
Charter Member

Postby Weather101 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:46 am

UpperCedarWayMission wrote:Any word on Kesler's MRI?

Rumour is it's a broken hand but team has him as day to day. They won 1-0 against the blues today.
Trade talks ramping up before next weeks deadline. Most of it false as kesler is not going anywhere but moves will be made
Rumours are "completely false" that Kesler asked to be traded recently or ever, according to the forward. "I'm happy to be here"
#Canucks

"I never commented to anyone that I wanted out. My heart is with this group and making the playoffs" - Kesler #Canucks
All about them Cowboys.

SardisBCwxman
Charter Member

Postby SardisBCwxman » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Weather101 wrote:
UpperCedarWayMission wrote:Any word on Kesler's MRI?

Rumour is it's a broken hand but team has him as day to day. They won 1-0 against the blues today.
Trade talks ramping up before next weeks deadline. Most of it false as kesler is not going anywhere but moves will be made
Rumours are "completely false" that Kesler asked to be traded recently or ever, according to the forward. "I'm happy to be here"
#Canucks

"I never commented to anyone that I wanted out. My heart is with this group and making the playoffs" - Kesler #Canucks
But where there's smoke there's fire so we will see come March 5th, in the mean time injuries continue. Daniel Sedin went down awkwardly during the Heritage Classic game Sunday against Ottawa and is out 2 weeks maybe more. Bye Bye playoffs.
Sardine Can

Return to “General Chat”