Music

Feel the need to discuss something other than weather? This is the place to do it.
Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Music

Postby Weather101 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:12 am

Hey! I thought it would be cool to post some our favourite bands, CDs, songs, concerts, and whatever you wanna talk about for music !

My favourite musician is lil wayne but some others I like are Kid Rock, Guns N roses, Drake, Usher ( yes.... He's talented tho!) and Eminem. I pretty much listen to everything from Rock, Rap, RnB.

Best concerts I have been to was Kid rock and lil wayne. Kid rock is such a great live performer! Voice was on point and he was amazing overall. Lil Wayne amazed me the most because it was like 2 days after the Canucks beat the Blackhawks game 7. He came out in a Canucks jersey and hat talking about how he was finally happy we beat them. He put on a great show and rocked it out and made it into a rock show even tho he's a rapper. Great respect for that. Amazing concert.

Here's some pictures.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Any new music you are looking forward too? Any albums ? Any music you hate ? I hate Taylor swift haha sorry had to add that in there :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All about them Cowboys.

Leighbugs
Charter Member

Re: Music

Postby Leighbugs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:22 pm

I like a bit of everything, really. I'm a musician myself, so I have a pretty vast appreciation for all types of music. I play piano (mostly classical), clarinet, I played flute and saxophone here and there and I've been involved with singing in different groups/bands here and there over the years.
You'll find everything from Guns N Roses to Beethoven in my music collection :) .

I must say though, I pretty much mostly hate today's new music. The lyrics are ridiculous and auto tune ensures that even a tone deaf person can release an album these days. I do love Mariana's Trench though.

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 pm

I'm into almost anything as long as it sounds good. Although I typically favour urban music like R&B. I used to follow top 40 up until a few years ago when, like Leighbugs said, the music started sounding like total crap. Audio mastering and loudness war have ruined music, and kids growing up with 128k mp3's think that's great quality. The record industry is a brainwashing machine with no end. So now I tend to stick with music from the 50's up until the mid 2000's when music took a dive. So ya, my music collection on ACTUAL CD's contains a bit of everything, from everywhere.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:38 pm

I'm definitely into a little bit of everything. I liked the usual pop, rock, and rap during my teenage years, throughout the early and mid 90's. In the late 90's, I was more into classic rock (70's stuff like Pink Floyd, etc) and film scores.

I definitely noticed the downward slide of popular music in the 2000s, which was when I became more interested in lesser-known artists... I guess you could call it "indie" as a broad label, but it encompassed pretty much anything from rock to hip hop to techno.

Around the same time I became really interested in metal, which is what I mainly listen to now. Particularly European metal like Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica.

I don't know if you can embed YouTube on here, but let's see...

Edit: I guess that's a no... oh well...
Last edited by stuffradio on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Embedded the video for Abby_wx
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Leighbugs
Charter Member

Postby Leighbugs » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Abby_wx you seem about the same age as me. I grew up listening to the same stuff in the 90's. Now I hear what my 13 year old and her peers have for music and it's terrible. I guess that every generation tends to think the next generation's music is a bunch of crap though.

Catnip
Charter Member

Postby Catnip » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:25 am

Anything from the early to mid-late 90's was my favorite era for music, particularly rap/hip hop.

Not sure if it is me getting older but I find a lot of today's music is garbage.

It just seems with the way they do production these days, it does not require a huge amount of talent to be successful. Seems more about image.
Coquitlam/Mundy Park
Elevation: 530ft

Personal Weather Station: http://tinyurl.com/ptjynsn

Hawk - "We are in PATTERN LOCK Jr!!! Who cares what the GFS and Euro weeklies say about 10 days from now hahahahahaha"

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:47 am

Leighbugs wrote:Abby_wx you seem about the same age as me. I grew up listening to the same stuff in the 90's. Now I hear what my 13 year old and her peers have for music and it's terrible. I guess that every generation tends to think the next generation's music is a bunch of crap though.

I'm 34.

I'm open-minded, but I can't find much to like about today's pop music. I know that pop music has always been about image to some extent, but talent used to be just as important. These days it seems to be 90% image and 10% talent, and that's being generous.

I know that a lot of people think metal is outdated, but at least they can play their instruments and don't rely on auto-tune.
"It's not logical... it's meteorological."

Near Hwy 1 McCallum exit; elevation 55 m (180 ft).
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-w ... =IBCABBOT1

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 am

Abby_wx wrote:I'm open-minded, but I can't find much to like about today's pop music.

A sure sign you're getting old. *snicker*

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Return to “General Chat”