I'm Lost...

Talk about all things related to personal weather stations including getting help.

Moderator: Catnip

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Re: I'm Lost...

Postby Glacier » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 am

Leighbugs wrote:Awesome thanks so much. I'm super excited. Hubby helped me figure out what I need, he's a research buff and will spend hours figuring stuff out. I have no patience haha. Davis Vantage Pro2 with IP, like Glacier said. ;) Merry Christmas to me, he spent WAY MORE than I thought he ever would. He got weather envoy which is a receiver to plug into your router to send all your data without having to put your screen near the router. For me this would have meant running wires all through the crawlspace to place the screen elsewhere in the house. With no WiFi version this is a pain in the butt. Our router is in a hallway closet so that is why we got the envoy. All in all the whole set-up cost roughly $1400 taxes in. I'm SO excited and spoiled rotten. I've had a very tough year and been very sick with kidney and heart issues and I think my husband wanted me to have an extra Merry Christmas. I can't wait to get it! Hopefully the weather won't be boring, haha.

Awesome. I would have kidney and heart issues too if I couldn't monitor the weather properly. At least that's what I told my wife when she wondered why was spending so much on a "stupid weather station."

Anyway, I hope your health reaches 100% soon.

Leighbugs
Charter Member

Re: I'm Lost...

Postby Leighbugs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:36 pm

I will definitely post a pic and I may need some suggestions on how to best set it up. Tracking says it may be here Thursday. Thanks for the good wishes for my health Glacier. You may be on to something with it being due to weather related causes. Maybe too many snowfall busts as a child/teen/young adult gave me an arrhythmia from too much stress. :lol:
Anyway, thanks again everyone. I can't wait to get it up and running!

Return to “Personal Weather Stations”