My new weather station arrives Wed. July 13/16

Talk about all things related to personal weather stations including getting help.

Moderator: Catnip

Missionbcwx
Charter Member
Former Username: UpperCedarWayMission

My new weather station arrives Wed. July 13/16

Postby Missionbcwx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:58 pm

Can't wait to set it up. :P

https://www.amazon.ca/Technology-WS-151 ... se+weather

Seems to have decent reviews anyone one else familiar with La Crosse?
District of Mission, B.C. (on the fraser)

rhondle
Site Admin
Former Username: Rhondle

Re: My new weather station arrives Wed. July 13/16

Postby rhondle » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:06 pm

Not familiar with La Crosse, how do you like it so far?

Missionbcwx
Charter Member
Former Username: UpperCedarWayMission

Postby Missionbcwx » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:45 pm

rhondle wrote:Not familiar with La Crosse, how do you like it so far?
Actually that model I exchanged for another model that seems a little better. So far I'm happy with it, it has lightning detector as well which seemed to work a couple weeks ago when we had instability around the Lowermainland.
District of Mission, B.C. (on the fraser)

Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Postby Glacier » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:57 am

Lightning detector, that sounds interesting! Mine only does UV and solar radiation.

rhondle
Site Admin
Former Username: Rhondle

Postby rhondle » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:29 am

From my personal experience, lightning detection is always a bit iffy, especially in the budget price bracket. I've been experimenting with all sorts of lightning detection for 15+ years now, including a variety of home-brew devices.. The unit I had that worked best has long been discontinued but was made by a company called Stormwise, although it only worked with C-G strikes. They probably have much improved options now.

If you're an electronics hobbyist like me, check out the Franklin AMS3935 chip which has got a lot of interest over the last few years. There was a Tindie project that I was going to buy a few years back that packaged the chip nicely on a board with antenna and discrete components, but I never got around to it. Maybe there's an improved version now?

I'd be curious to hear from others who are interested in home-brew projects like this =)

alrareo
Weather Observer

Postby alrareo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:23 am

Congratulations for your new weather station. Even I have also thinking to change my old weather station and buy a new device. My friend recently bought a new weather station named - Acurite 01036 Pro, after getting some valuable information from https://thehumannest.com/best-weather-station-reviews/. I have also collected the reviews about various weather station from this site, and finally, I found the best device. I got a great help from this link. If you want you can check it out.

Return to “Personal Weather Stations”