New rules input

This is the place to start for newcomers and info from the website operators. START HERE!

How many posts can you have in a row?

One
No votes
Two
20%
Doesn't matter
80%

Total votes: 5

stuffradio
Charter Member

New rules input

Postby stuffradio » Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:49 pm

We need input from everyone (including the newest members) so rules seem fair to everyone. Ideally we want the least rules as possible, so keep that in mind. This post happened because I was merging posts because John was posting 10 posts in a row one minute or less after another. So, if no one cares about seeing a lot of posts from someone in a row, I will leave it in the future.

I also want to have input about what everyone thinks about what should happen when people keep attacking each other. I don't want to be the one to go over the top, so let me know how you think it should be handled. Pretend you are the one being attacked personally, what should happen?

All input here is welcome.

John
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: John

Re: New rules input

Postby John » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:42 pm

I like every one love you all very much. Stuffradio your putting us up against each other don't do that all though it's entertaining lol

Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Postby Weather101 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:44 pm

John wrote:I like every one love you all very much. Stuffradio your putting us up against each other don't do that all though it's entertaining lol

Honestly we just joke around :lol: comic relief. Only gets serious when Hawkyboy is involed :lol: but its all love. As long as there's no racism or dumb stuff like that I think we will be fine. Just keep an eye and PM the person you need.
All about them Cowboys.

Hawk
Weather Enthusiast
Former Username: hawk

Postby Hawk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:34 am

Only gets serious when i am involved? Go back and read the posts...i am joking about stuff and then you get angry 101. You need to chill out and quit taking things so personally. I talked about your avatar...and lil wayne, and you freaked out. You get so defensive and vicious so quickly...like you're looking for an argument. If you talked about my hawk pic i really wouldnt care and definitely wouldn't go around thrashing you.
So keep it civil and we will all be good. 8-) 8-) 8-)

We are in a democracy so if you feel someone is out of line, take a private vote from members except the offender lol on a warning or no warning, then PM that person to let them know result. After 3 warnings, they get suspended. First time 1 week, next time 2 weeks, next time 3 weeks etc. Minimum 7 voters? If someone doesn't vote, but complains about the bickering later on, delete their complaint. This will force them to vote in future.
You cannot control this with only your decision or opinion and you must stay neutral at all times.

Merging posts:
I'm ok with it if they are consecutive posts like you stated...but i really would prefer to leave them as is. When i do multiple posts, say 3 or 4 in a row, most times they are all different topics. Look at the one you merged of mine...i think it was 3 different topics you merged all into one post...it looks stupid. That's why i put them in separately. Different topics, different posts.
Furthermore, this site NEEDS more posts from members...it inspires posts from others, so why try to shrink down the volume of posts? Some days it is sooooo dead on here it's lonely :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Enough said, the hawk has beaked off
Last edited by Hawk on Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enuf said

Weather101
Charter Member
Former Username: Weather101

Postby Weather101 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:40 am

Hawk wrote:Only gets serious when i am involved? Go back and read the posts...i am joking about stuff and then you get vicious 101. You need to chill out and quit taking things so personally. I talked about your avatar...and lil wayne, and you freaked out. If you talked about my hawk pic i really wouldnt care and definitely wouldn't go around thrashing you.
So keep it civil and we will all be good

I love you?
All about them Cowboys.

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:04 pm

I will stop caring about someone posting multiple posts in a row. Seems like it doesn't bother you guys, so I won't enforce that.

Abby_wx
Charter Member

Postby Abby_wx » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm the person who voted "2", but I really don't think it matters as long as common sense is exercised. If your posts are lengthy, or about different topics, it makes sense to separate them. Also, sometimes when quoting others you have to make separate posts since there is a limit of the number of quotes in a single post.

I still think that making multiple, short, one-sentence posts is bad form... but I don't really care if people do it.

Leighbugs
Charter Member

Postby Leighbugs » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:03 pm

I agree with you Abby_wx. I didn't vote because my answer would be "it depends." But I guess what people think is reasonable will vary so it's hard to enforce with any set rules.

Return to “Rules, FAQs, Information, Website Status, News & Updates”