New Users - Rules and Forum Guidelines

This is the place to start for newcomers and info from the website operators. START HERE!
rhondle
Site Admin
Former Username: Rhondle

New Users - Rules and Forum Guidelines

Postby rhondle » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:33 pm

I'm not sure if we have a "new users - rules" sticky anywhere. I seem to recall seeing something, but I couldn't find what I thought was there. Anyhow, if they don't exist, then perhaps we should put something together. This blurb, shamelessly lifted from the FreeBSD forums, seems to sum it all up nicely:

These forums are not an advertising billboard or a "Search Engine Optimization" (SEO) tool. If we find that you use your profile page (which is not accessible by any search engine anyway, so it can never be indexed) to promote websites other than your own personal (i.e. non-corporate and non-commercial) homepage or weblog, your account will be banned on sight. There will be no linkdumping, no linkbuilding, and no backlinking on the forums, either on profile pages, in visitor messages (your own, or those of other members), in signatures, in private messages, or in forum posts. There is a zero-tolerance policy in effect. Don't test it.

Hound
Charter Member

Re: New Users - Rules and Forum Guidelines

Postby Hound » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I think this was the only rules we had: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

Return to “Rules, FAQs, Information, Website Status, News & Updates”