Logo anyone?

This is the place to start for newcomers and info from the website operators. START HERE!
Glacier
Weather Enthusiast

Re: Logo anyone?

Postby Glacier » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:11 pm

Go big or go home. Include the entire universe.
How about Universal Weather Forums?

rhondle
Site Admin
Former Username: Rhondle

Postby rhondle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 pm

Hound wrote:Perhaps Western Canada to be more specific?

The forums were originally intended to be Canada-wide but you're right, it seems that only those in western Canada are actually using them..

Hound
Charter Member

Postby Hound » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:10 pm

That's the point. Nobody east of BC has EVER been here. It's pretty much just a BC forum, which then should be marketed as such to attract more people via google search etc.
Fraser Heights, Surrey. (Elevation: 85 M. 278 Ft.)

stuffradio
Charter Member

Postby stuffradio » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Glacier wrote:Go big or go home. Include the entire universe.
How about Universal Weather Forums?

*LIKE*

rhondle
Site Admin

Postby rhondle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Hound wrote:That's the point. Nobody east of BC has EVER been here. It's pretty much just a BC forum, which then should be marketed as such to attract more people via google search etc.

Although really there is no reason that we couldn't appeal to all of Canada. In fact the board is already setup to potentially cater to anyone in Canada, we just haven't made any effort to promote it outside of the original folks who came here from the VWP years ago.. I think it would just take a couple interested people who are located in a particular province to start up discussions for that region, prompting others would come on board. In fact I think we did originally have some forums setup for other provinces, but as they weren't gaining any traction we disabled them.

Thoughts on this? Should we try and expand our reach? Or stay focused on Western Canada?

lightningmanAB
Seriously Into Weather

Postby lightningmanAB » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:49 pm

[quote="rhondle"][quote="Hound"]That's the point. Nobody east of BC has EVER been here. It's pretty much just a BC forum, which then should be marketed as such to attract more people via google search etc.[/quote]

Although really there is no reason that we couldn't appeal to all of Canada. In fact the board is already setup to potentially cater to anyone in Canada, we just haven't made any effort to promote it outside of the original folks who came here from the VWP years ago.. I think it would just take a couple interested people who are located in a particular province to start up discussions for that region, prompting others would come on board. In fact I think we did originally have some forums setup for other provinces, but as they weren't gaining any traction we disabled them.

Thoughts on this? Should we try and expand our reach? Or stay focused on Western Canada?[/quote]

I'll try posting more of my storm chasing adventures here next summer... Mostly in Alberta but some Sask and Manitoba too.

rhondle
Site Admin

Postby rhondle » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:31 am

lightningmanAB wrote:
rhondle wrote:Thoughts on this? Should we try and expand our reach? Or stay focused on Western Canada?

I'll try posting more of my storm chasing adventures here next summer... Mostly in Alberta but some Sask and Manitoba too.

That would be awesome! Storm chasing pics / videos would rock!

Return to “Rules, FAQs, Information, Website Status, News & Updates”